Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

Wish you all a very happy and a prosperous New Year. This year I intend to be a wisor investor than I was last year. Hopefully I will learn from all the mistakes I did last year. I am starting the new year with an investment in selected Mutual Fund. Reasons? Well, for starters SEBI has removed the entry load if one invests directly via the AMC. Secondly markets are showing exuberance but at the same time they are very volatile. I think at the moment I am better off with putting the analysis burden on a professional manager than doing it by myself.

I am a happy customer of Bajaj Capital, though I seldom take their advices. I consult them primarily because they offer a "one shop" solution and make life bit easier. But now that SEBI has removed the entry load, I think I am better off by directly contacting the AMC and save some moolah.

How much would you then save? Let's see, most of the funds have 2.25% entry load, so on an investment of 1 lakh you would save 2,250 Rs. Not a bad deal. Let's see how it goes, as I have never contacted an AMC directly before and yet to see their services. Bajaj Capital on the other hand has been offering their client the best service by attending to all customer queries.

This is applicable from January 4th 2008, so let's see how it works out and how investors & brokers react to it. Meanwhile, if you try to exercise this option then make sure you do your research on a fund before doing the investment. Check out Mutual Funds India and Value Research Online.

No comments: