Friday, November 05, 2004

Compact Framework Emulator Debugging without netowrk card

This was one problem I have been facing as I have no network card on my home PC. So how do I get VS .NET to allow me to debug my CF application? The answer is to add MS Loopback Adapter on your machine.

How to do this? Below is a step by step instruction -

To install (using XP)

Open Control Panel, choose Add Hardware, and then choose Next.
Choose Yes, I have already connected the hardware, and then choose Next.
From the Installed hardware list, select Add a new hardware device, and then choose Next.
Choose Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced), and then choose Next.
From the Common hardware types list, select Network adapters, and then choose Next.
From the Manufacturer list, select Microsoft.
From the Network Adapter list, select Microsoft Loopback Adapter, and then choose Next.
Choose Next, and then choose Finish.

No comments: